Thursday, July 12, 2012

BOOT QUEST!!!

So I've been on a crazed boot quest for a few weeks.  My favorite pair which I've been wearing a few times a week for four years has finally given out (we're talking holes in the leather, heels worn down to the sole, etc).  They were perfect...they hit at the upper calf, not quite the knee, pull on construction, no ornamentation, the richest cognac color in the softest leather...in short, the boots that dreams are made of.

But when it comes to shopping, I am a pragmatist who has no time to mourn lost loves of seasons past: it was time to move on.  Months ago, I found the ideal replacement: Steve Madden's Frienzzi boot.  It was the perfect height and color, with the perfect amount of edge.  So I bought it and Steve Madden cancelled my order because apparently, they sold more than they actually made.  Thanks, guys.  Aaaaanyway, for days on end, I've been scouring the internet, blogs, sample sales...I called a Macy's in Illinois to force them to search for my dream boots.  This is how bad it's gotten.  


But on a random trip to the mall, I was struck by inspiration.  I had parked outside of Marshall's on my way to check out the schmaschmazing Anthro sale I posted about last week and on my way out to the car, I figured...why not check it out?  I opened the doors and immediately, far in the distance, I spied one lone boot shaft towering amidst a battlefield of pumps, wedges, and ballet flats.  Needless to say, I made a bee-line for it and...it was picture perfect.  The Lucky Brand Angel boot in Amaretto.  It debuted in Fall 2009--way out of season.  But it's brand new, gorgeous, and I really couldn't care less that they're out of season.  I dare you to find these boots in your size for less.  I double-dog dare you.  Anywho, I snagged these $200.00 boots for $100.00.  100% authentic leather, fully lined, adjustable double buckles, knee-height...dream come true!  Btw, I also found a darling baby blue Chi straightener for $60.00 and the new Kate Spade Twirl fragrance for 75% off!  I only bought the boots but what I'm saying is...you can't afford to be snobby when it comes to bargain hunting.  Check out Marshall's!  (author's note: not all Marshall's locations will have these boots--if you have a larger-than-normal, nicer-than-normal Marshall's in your area, that's where I would check first; I would recommend calling ahead)

Some further avenues to check out in your own quest for the perfect Fall boot: NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE!!!  Nordstrom credit or debit card holders can start shopping the sale now, and the rest of us peons can check it out starting July 20th.  This is an awesome way to get amazing prices on in-season footwear as well as accessories, cosmetics, and apparel.  They have the brand new Fry and Steve Madden boots for the Fall at major discounts that won't last, so check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment